Wednesday, September 12, 2012

That’s That Shit I Don’t Like


In the name of Integrity, I have a confession. I’ve returned to America for the foreseeable short-term future. I no longer live in Toyooka Japan or teach at Toyooka Junior High School. But this blog is not finished. Not yet. Whatever posts follow this one will be retroactive reflections on living in/leaving Japan. Once I’m done, the blog is done.

If you’re wondering what it’s been like for me to come back to USA after two years in Japan, I’ve got lots of sentiment but zero sagacity to offer. I guess America has changed and I guess I’ve evolved. But I’m also pretty sure that any and all personal/national transformations are ultimately meaningless.

I miss Japan. I’ve missed my friends and family. Mitt Romney is depressing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment